What to Expect After a Healing
Immediately after a healing most people feel great but others may take a bit longer to really feel the positive results of the session. Lots of positive changes come out of healings, some of which you may not recognise for quite some time after. It depends how long the integration of energetic exchange takes. This could take several days.
During the session, the healer works to balance the energetic system using a variety of methods. When imbalances or blockages occur in your energetic system it often follows into your physical system. Often when these imbalances or blocks are released, a release of toxins normally follows. Even though our body has certain functions to flush away toxins, it is important that the client drinks the recommended amount of water (around 2-3 litres a day) to help flush away these toxins. Otherwise, it is possible that the client may experience headaches or feel very tired after the treatment. It is similar to doing a body detox/cleanse. The other important factor is for the client to have lots of rest as this helps with the healing process and can help reduce or eliminate side effects of the healing.
Some side effects you may experience are:
- Passing lots of urine
- Changed bowel habits, often loose or more than usual
- Headaches or a heaviness in the head
- Nausea or rarely vomiting
- Being more joyful and or energetic
- Cold like symptoms as the body clears
- Varying emotional states: feeling up or down, experiencing memories of past events, crying. Sometimes healings can send us into a healing crisis while the body is processing and clearing “stuff” due to all the energetic changes. This is the body’s way of releasing what needs to be cleared and to bring our awareness to what we need to let go of and what is no longer benefiting us.
In conclusion, it is important to:
- Hydrate your body for at least 24 hours post healing session. You should drink at least 1 litre of water a day on any given day, providing you are not on fuid restrictions.
- Avoid alcohol and recreational drugs as this may dehydrate you further.
- Get lots of rest, take it easy.
- You can experience many changes as a result of a healing so it’s important to go easy on yourself emotionally. Expect the ups and downs.
- It may take a week or even up to a month for the healing to integrate through the energetic bodies/systems. Some people feel great straight away, for others this may take a week or longer. Each individual will experience something different. Don’t be alarmed if things seem to get worse before they get better.
- Know that your healer is available if you have any questions. Don’t hesitate to contact via text/ email or phone.
- Be positive and have positive thoughts. There is always light at the end of the tunnel. You have to be open and willing to create the necessary changes. Trust in yourself and experience the endless possibilities that can then unfold.
PLEASE NOTE that energetic healings are considered part of complimentary therapies. Thus it is very important that if you suffer specific medical or psychological conditions, you go through the correct channels to seek the conventional help required. I am a huge believer through my own experiences that a combination of conventional and complimentary therapies strengthens the outcome of any situation, whether it be through reiki, crystal therapies, acupuncture, kinesiology and so on.